How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Waco smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Waco home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Waco?
Wirelessly coupling to devices through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded video from your linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Waco by setting schedules or establishing rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Waco
Even though multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Waco security system. Call (254) 970-3775 to get started.