Online purchasing and daily shipments have become a way of life for numerous residents. You appreciate the benefit of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes on your doorstep are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant problem, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are fantastic tools to deter package theft, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely become an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Waco video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you an array of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now implement detection zones, communicate with whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain instant notifications whenever something is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Waco video doorbell camera works is to look at the many advantages it offers. Consider the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading burglary with warnings that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of people on your porch and items on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear images no matter the hour: What’s the point of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and challenging to see? Top models will include exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to get instant notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to inquire about their purpose for being there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will help you cut down on false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the chance to access live and recorded video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may access them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.